Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tee Hee

I have more finished objects to report! I did finish the big sweater for my customer on Monday night. I had big help from two of Guido’s podcasts. It took one to finish the knitting and another to get the ends sewn in. Stripes are always fun until its time to sew in the ends! I’ve now unearthed my friend Jessica’s sweater which is done all the way up to the underarm. It has been very strange going directly from size 11 needles to size 3’s.
I have three other things I’m working on right now that actually make me chortle to myself while I’m knitting them. The first is this entrelac scarf.

A few weeks ago, I saw several entrelac projects both in person and on the web and came down with a case of it myself. I really like it. You can do just one little square and feel like you’ve accomplished something in a day!
The next thing I’m tee-hee-ing about is this sock. Kind of looks like a mutant mitten, doesn’t it?

Well, it is the beginning of tabi socks for a friend of mine. I got the idea for the pattern off of Knitty.com. I’ve tried it on my toes and it actually fits! Putting the big toe together with the rest of it was such fun!
Last, we have this new yarn. I’m only knitting a sample for the shop but it is the coolest thing! It makes it’s own ruffles! The yarn is actually a two-sided tape. You pick what side you want out and then knit the stitches by poking holes in the side that you want in. I can’t stop giggling while I’m knitting it! I have the overwhelming urge to knit a flamenco dancer toilet paper roll cover for a friend of mine for Christmas. You know the kind with a truncated doll in the top? Someone help me.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

The ruffle yarn is by Online yarns. My friend Wren found it in Europe and brought some back. I found out, much to my amazement, that I had an account with the US distributor so I ordered some! I've only got two colors so far. The rest is back ordered.

Anonymous said...

do you really get a card for being in the sock club? cuz then i'm really pissed that i missed it. also, lucy, your entrelac market bag rocked the world. i want to make that with stash, but i'm scared. i guess one knitting project at a time....

arianna said...

That's really funny that you mentioned both the entrelac scarf & the tabi socks -- they are both on my to-knit-soon list! Yours look fantastic -- I hope mine turn out half as well. :)

Anonymous said...

With your post for encouragement I'm trying the Danica entrelac scarf pattern from Knitty. It looks like a more fun to do on an upcoming airplane ride than a dishcloth. 4 triangles and 2 squares so far...