Friday, August 29, 2008

Busy Week!

I've been having a busy and interesting week. On Monday, I got a tandem bike! I had been thinking of getting one for a while. I have a bunch of friends that either don't know how to ride a bike or, for one reason or another, are not super confident riders, especially on the street. Also, it is much more fun to ride a tandem than two bikes because it's much easier to chat. Now, this tandem is great but with one small problem. The front seat didn't go down far enough for me to ride it. The handlebars for the stoker (person in the back) are attached to the stem of the captain's (person in the front) seat post so it won't go very far down. I was able to ride the bike when we switched the captain's and stoker's seats. That was how I was able to figure out that the bike did actually fit me. Fortunately, the seat post tube is about 7" high and can be shortened about 3". It is up at Quadcycles having that done by the owner right now. Nobody else would touch it. You want to see a bunch of bike repair guys twitch? Ask them to cut part of your bike frame off! Hopefully, I will be able to pick it up tomorrow. I can't wait to go for a ride!
Tuesday, I took Darien to the beach. Can I just say WHAT HAPPENED TO AUGUST??!? I had thought I would have taken him to the beach a lot this summer but it just never happened. I think it is because we has so much bad weather. Anyway, I realized over the weekend that Tuesday was literally, my last chance to take him to the beach this summer! Fortunately, that weather was gorgeous. Unfortunately, I was a little cavalier about the sunscreen and got a hell of a burn on my shins and feet. Fortunately, it is almost all healed up and I even got a bit of a tan.
The rest of the week has been work, work, work. This was the last week that I have Tuesday off. Next week, we start the new regular winter hours with me working Tues-Sat and Annie doing Sunday and Monday. Weird.

No comments: