Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Baby, Vacation and the Big Box From Zeilinger!

All my favorite things!
Here are some more cute baby pictures.


My sister Elizabeth took these. I forgot my camera when I went up yesterday so I don't have any pictures with Daddy or big sister. I'll try to get some of those on Sunday when I see them all again.

Vacation Day 4 was July 4th!
We had a really nice day. The Sierra Madre parade was lots of fun in a 'you really had to be there' kind of way so I'll spare you the pictures of the parade except for these few. When you live in Southern California, sitting out for a number of hours in July can be really hot. Sierra Madre has a great solution to this problem.



They have the fire department close the parade by coming down the street hosing down anyone who would like it! If you want to get sprayed, you just run out into the middle of the street and they hose you down.

There also seems to be a tradition of people (mostly twelve-year-old boys) stalking and attacking the firefighters with squirt guns (the big kind) at which point the person with the fire hose turns it on their attacker and gives them a good soaking. It is great fun to watch! Firefighters and crowd all end up happily drenched. Here's Jeff coming back from his dowsing.


I will close this post with the Big Box From Zeilinger containing wonderful roving made from the fleeces that I bought at New Hampshire Sheep and Wool.

I think I have frightened my new UPS man.

There was a little jumping up and down, some hand waving and possibly some maniacal giggling when I realized where the box was from. He left very quickly. The old UPS guy was used to it.

4 comments:

Amy Davis-O'Malley said...

You'll have the new guy trained in no time! Congrats on your new niece!

Amy O'

Anonymous said...

Yum! Which fleeces did you buy?

Anonymous said...

oohhh... all that roving is even more delicous in person. Yum...

Congrats on the new niece and such.... and I am so happy that I can now comment...

yippie skippy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new niece! I remember you talking about your sister the last time I was in your store!