Sunday, October 29, 2006

Irked

I'm really irked. Susan, Annie and I all went to a lot of trouble to get my shop covered so that I could watch Big Nephew's football game. I particularly wanted to be there at the beginning since he is the kicker and I wanted to see him if he did the kick off. Today, the Lovely and Talented Susan and Annie arrived by 1pm ready to go which was good since the shop was really busy (I actually felt a little guilty leaving them but they are troopers). I left with Little Nephew about 1:15 in plenty of time to make the 2pm kick off. I got there about 1:40, saw that the previous game wasn't finished so took Little Nephew to the nearby playground for a few minutes. I got back to the field at about ten minutes of 2:00 only to realize that Big Nephew's team was the one that was playing and that it was the end of the THIRD QUARTER!!! WTF!?? Apparently, after questioning Big Nephew, I found out that the coaches, as a group, didn't bother to set their watches back and started the game at 1pm! I can't even begin to tell you how irked this makes me especially, since after much debate this week, I was assured that the game would start at 2pm. I did get to watch Big Nephew play and he was glad that I came but still! We are talking about a largish group of adult men, 10-15 between coaches and refs, who either didn't know or didn't care enough to start the game at the proper time. It just leaves me flabbergasted.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I know! Amazing.