Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you all! I’ve just finished my annual shop inventory! Woohoo! It didn’t seem that bad this year, which may have something to do with the fact that I didn’t go out last night. Last year, I stayed out quite late and was very tired the next day (no, not what you’re thinking. I was chanting with the Buddhists). This year, I went to bed at about 9:30pm and woke up perky and ready to deal.
I’m also almost done with the sweater on 3’s (thanks to renting the entire first season of Alias on DVD). I just have to sew up the rest of a cuff, block it and put on the buttons. This is a good thing because I’m seeing Jessica tomorrow.
I had one of those funny, serendipitous things happen with the buttons. A couple of years ago, this glass artist was in the area cold calling shops to try and sell her buttons. Unfortunately, I don’t carry buttons here since I don’t have the room. I loved her buttons so much, though, I bought a set for myself. I dug them out the other day and if I had dyed the sweater yarn to match them, I couldn’t have gotten it closer! Just one of those things!
Anyway, I’m really glad to be getting done with that sweater. It is beautiful and everything. Also, I’ve found myself using a lot of tricks I’ve learned over the years to make it really well made but, jeez, it’s time to work on something else! I did get the socks and sweater done for Christmas. I even got the sweater for Little Niece finished up (it's amazing how I will just stop working on something when I'm soooo close to getting it done). The socks fit the nieces and the sweaters look really cute on their respective recipients. Little Nephew did a very good job picking colors. Just for fun, I’ll have to get him to pick some colors for other things.
So, now I’m looking forward to riding the train and knitting entrelac on my way to see Jess (I’d almost take a cross-country train trip just so I could knit and watch the world go by). I’ve got about half of the first scarf done. When I do the second one, I’m actually going to write down the pattern for everyone. Entrelac is really floating my boat lately. I’m so easily amused.

1 comment:

ChiaLea said...

Happy new year again to you. I think I'll need to get better dimensions off of you for the entrelac scarf... I sat down at home and said "Huh. There's more than one dimension in this scarf. More information would help."

On the up-side, I did teach myself to do a dimented form of knitting backwards while knitting the strap on my string bag. It twists the stitches, but it doesn't matter, really, when you're knitting back and forth.