Thursday, April 19, 2007

Gee, what's that glare?


OMG! It's the sun!!! My eyes didn't know what to do. It is so nice have some sunshine after a week of rain. Maybe spring will come after all!?

The VA Tech massacre has been on my mind this week and I've decided to participate in tomorrow's National Orange and Maroon Day. The only problem is that I have nothing orange or maroon to wear. So, I decided to knit something.

It is just a quickie little scarf. If you are interested, here's what I'm doing:

I'm going to end up using about 100g of maroon and 50g of orange in light bulky. You can use a bulky instead. On #10.5 needles, cast on 132 sts (165 sts if you want it a little longer) using the maroon. Knit 14 rows or 7 garter st ridges. Change orange and work 12 rows (6 ridges). Change back to the maroon, knit another 14 rows and bind off loosely. I'm still on the fence about fringe. The scarf should be just long enough to tie or pin around my neck. I'll post a picture as soon as I'm done.

No comments: