Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Doesn't Look Like Much Now

but it's my next sweater. This is the other sweater I've been meaning to get done. It looks kind of purple here but is really very blue. I was originally going to make myself an Eris sweater but after I made my sister's sweater, I decided that once through that pattern was enough. This is another one from Big Girl Knits called Lift and Seperate. It is my first time making myself a wrap sweater. I'll be interested to see how I like it.
In other news, I dyed the Sock Club March yarn yesterday and had a lot of fun doing it. I've gotten more and more into painting my yarns lately. I feel like it gives me a lot more control of where the dye goes and the yarn isn't so wet afterwards. The inspiration was yellow tulips and blue sky.

I used two shades of yellow and two shades of green as well as the blue of the sky and the dark brown at the base of the tulip.It was a lot of fun and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm looking forward to knitting some of it up!

2 comments:

Lorena said...

oooOOoooooOOOO - stalking of mailbox will commence immediately!

:-)

Unknown said...

You know how I love the blue and yellow combo, so I am definitely a fan!