Thursday, July 08, 2010

Train Knitting

I'm still working on the sleeves of the striped sweater.  I've completely run out of the lavender and will be out of the white shortly so I'll need to start getting creative with the row pattern.  I'm almost to the top so it shouldn't be too noticable.
I don't usually take a sweater project on a trip but I'm so close to being done with this that I'm taking it with me to NYC.  I'll have a total of eight hours on the train and if I can't get it finished in that amount of time, I'm doing something wrong.  I'm bringing everything I need to finish it completely and with any luck, I'll have finished object to bring back with me.  I'm also bringing a pair of socks as a back up.  I feel like I'm show a great deal of self restrain in only bringing on pair of socks with me to work on.  Usually, I'd bring at least three.

3 comments:

Wren said...

Save room in your bag in case you go to a NYC LYS.
There are some fabulous stores there...

Nothing quite like train knitting. I know you will get the sweater done and if you have extra yarn, probably make a scarf too.
Enjoy

Tish said...

If you need to you can always pick up a train ride home project in NYC!

Lucy said...

That's the major thing I didn't do in NYC. It was so hot that all we could think about was doing things near the water. Fortunately, though I finished the sweater, I still had plenty of sock to work on. Now I have to plan my next major UFO to finish!