Saturday, July 03, 2010

Vacation, Vacation, Vacation!

I am so happy to be on vacation!  One of the hard things about having the shop open seven days a week is that, even on my days off, I never have my house to myself.  Don't get me wrong, having the shop open every day has been really great and mostly I don't mind.  I'm just really going to enjoy having the place to myself this week.
The only major plans I have for my vacation is a trip to NYC to see Melissa.  I've splurged and bought train tickets.  One of my all time favorite things to do is ride the train and knit.  I would take a train trip to nowhere just to sit, watch the world go by and knit.  I'm hoping to have the striped sweater done by then so I will probably take socks with me.  I'm not quite sure what project I'm going to tackle after the sweater.  I may do the vest for my cousin Whitney.  I meant to get it done for Christmas last year but then my Christmas knitting got completely stalled out when I hurt my shoulder.  My bike is at the shop right now getting new handlebars so as to avoid that issue this year.  The thing about the vest is that I haven't even finished spinning the yarn.  I'm close, though, then I can start knitting it.  Yeah, I think that one may be our winner.

No comments: