Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Reprieve

So, I get a bit of a reprieve on my Christmas knitting. My friend Jess, who the sweater on size 3's is for, is going to be visiting here around New Year's. That means I don't have to get her sweater done to mail to LA for Christmas, which, let's face it, wasn't going to happen anyway. One way or another, I now have until New Year's Day to have that done!
The score so far is:
Stuffed Mittens-done
Niece's socks- one big one done, one big one and two small ones to go
Scarves-haven't worked on them since last report, these don't have to be done right for Christmas
Hat-same as scarves
Jessica's sweater-first sleeve almost done, second sleeve and finish work to go
And I've decided to knit Little Nephew a sweater. He's picked out the colors and I have measure him tonight. Yes, I'm out of my mind.
Truffles-one batch done and gone, second batch ready for scooping, third and fourth batch to be started today
Christmas Cards-about half done

So, since today is my last day off before Christmas, there is going to be a great deal of truffle making, card writing and knitting going on.
I hope all of your holiday prep is going well! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four batches of truffles! I'd invite myself over but I don't want to spew cold germs on anyone.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to purl the chocolate and scrape cards...

he..he...he...giggle...

Lucy said...

Danielle, do you need truffles mailed to you or shall I just save you some?

Guido, you're so funny when you crack yourself up! I've been listening to podcasts and getting little socks done!

ChiaLea said...

Congrats, Lucy!

I actually finished my holiday knitting early, so I'm knitting more things. (They're portable; the sweater I'm working on is attached to a 2 pound cone.) My husband and I have actually opened all our stuff to each other already and we're going to open the stuff from my family tomorrow night. It's all about planning. :)

Anonymous said...

How long do you think the truffles'll last? I insist on going to work for at least part of tomorrow. This is absurd. I'm already missing three parties!