First, I attached some strapping to the wall.
Then I realized that it might have been a good idea to measure how high it was.Fortunately, lowering it only took a couple of minutes.
I didn't want to block off one of the only accessable outlets in the room so I got myself a power strip. It actually took me two tries to get one with a flat plug. The first one had a sticky-outy plug and that wouldn't do at all.It was pretty quick work to attach the shelves to the strapping. Then I mounted the power strip to the side of the shelves. I was smart enough to measure it this time so that I only had to screw things in once. She can be taught!All that was left was to take the mountain of yarn in the middle of the floor
and put it
away.Wouldn't you know, as soon as I get ahead of that batch, more shows up!By, hey, I'm not mad.
That done, the next big upgrade is coming after Labor Day. I've hired the lovely and talented Annie, knitter, spinner and veteran of many stints of covering the shop. That's right folks, after eleven years in business, I'm hiring my first employee! With Annie's help, the shop will be open seven days a week starting after Labor Day!
More upgrades are coming but may take longer. I'll keep you posted!