Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rhinebeck was Great!

I had a great time at Rhinebeck. The bus there and back was great knitting time. I finished two, count them, two Christmas presents!
One nice thing about going to a fiber festival in fall is that I actually have some money to spend! In May, when things are slow, it is usually all I can to do scrape together enough cash to buy fleece for the shop and get it processed. To celebrate, I treated myself to a Golding spindle. Now usually, I'm not a spindle person but who doesn't like a Golding!? I got a gorgeous 2" spindle which I will post some pictures of. I don't have time for pictures now since I'm playing hookie from the bookkeeping. Then, of course, I needed something to spin so I got 2 oz. of white cashmere. This is going to be for a secret project and is getting spun very, very thin. I don't know that I've ever had this much fun with a drop spindle!
I also got some Socks That Rock silk and merino sock yarn and a nostepinde to wind yarn with. All so much fun!
Rhinebeck itself was great. I ran into lots of people I know. There were tons of vendors, tons. And the food was great! Sara and I indulged in some maple sugar cotton candy that was to die for! It is a good thing we split one because that was a lot of sugar, but, oh so yummy!
All in all, it was a great day. Thank you Kimberly for organizing the bus! I can't wait to go back next year!!

No comments: