Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Knit Out Wrap Up



Oh, so much to blog about! Now that the Knit Out is over, I feel like I’m getting my life back! Hooray!
First of all, the Knit Out went very well. Everyone who worked on it (you know who you are!) did such a great job. Mother Nature was also kind to us. After spending the week reading predictions of things like ‘severe thunderstorms’ and ‘damaging winds’, we got through the day with only one fallen tree branch (it hit someone on the shoulder. She was shaken but okay) and a few smatterings of raindrops. There was even a rainbow when we got home! I tried to take a picture of it but it didn’t come out very well.
Here are a few pictures from the day:

Here we see a roaming young knitter in her natural habitat


Here we have Phoebe, our Treasurer and Dave, our graphic designer modelling the volunteer and regular t-shirts. This is Susan, Knit Out volunteer, shop minder extraordinaire and third prize winner in the Knit Out scarf contest. We'll post a picture of her with her prize winning scarf later this week!

Sorry this picture is a little dark. It was hard to get a good picture in the tent.

And who was handling my shop table while I was busy? The Mind's Eye Yarns Official Booth Babes! I had a great team of enthusiastic volunteers lead by the trusty Patience of Finished Object fame also the Knit Out Secretary.

They did a great job and made quite an impression on everyone they met!

I love the Knit Out even though it is whole lot of work. We actually start preparations for it in late February, but it is really worth it. I especially like walking around seeing people knitting and crocheting everywhere I look. It just makes me happy.

When we got home from the Knit Out, this is what my shop looked like!


Thanks to my brother Jamie


it now looks like this,


which I can handle. I'll have it ready for the sale in no time. Sale, you say? What sale? Oh, that's my fall sale on cottons and cotton blends going on all this week. Don't miss it! I guarantee, the shop will look better than this by the time you get here.
So that’s all for now. I’m looking forward to returning to regularly scheduled blogging. My sister and her family came down last night for a visit and there was some serious cuteness going on. There will be pictures tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on pulling it off again. In honor of the Knit-Out... okay, and because it was Open Farm Day in the Annapolis Valley... Julie and I visited her LYS on Sunday. I'll have to show you my craft sheep.

Anonymous said...

wow- way to go jamie!!

Anonymous said...

The day was truly filled with MAGIC!!!
Thanks for that Lucy, Patience, and all, I think you guys are terrific!!!

Just a bit on my personal experience. Stopping by Minds Eye Yarn’s table was like getting a hit of amazing positive energy. No kidding. You guys were so charming and positive; I had to stop by several times just to get another fix.. I also had a great time sewing squares with Anna and other volunteers at the afghan sewing table. Thanks Courtney for being such a sweetie, giving me congrats, and my prize. I know you all had arrived by 8:30am at the latest. WOW!!! Guido, added your own magic. Can’t wait to hear your pod cast of this one.

Everyone was so great, speakers, MC, fashionistas…I’m sure there was so much work behind the scenes, my guess is that no one could imagine it unless you did that work yourself.

Again, I think you guys are terrific!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love,
Susan B AKA Tinkerbelle.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I am glad to be a part of the BKOAC committee and want to do it again! FYI: I have photos on my Flickr if you are interested in checking them out.
=:8

Kimberly said...

I loved the part where we silenced the tent when our picture was taken! Seeing sooo many people coming thru and talking about spinning refreshed me to the point that I have not stopped to nap at all this week. See you later!

Anonymous said...

i think we should have a "shameless promotion dept" area on your website. it could have profiles of people in the dept, and a little blurb about why the mind's eye rocks out, and maybe pics of our favorite projects made with the mind's eye yarns... everyone loves shameless.