Friday, September 08, 2006

Sorry for not posting

Remember when I refered to the Knit Out as The Thing That Ate My Life? Well, it is eating my life for all it is worth lately. I can't promise much in the way of blog posts until it is over.
I do have things to report like an actual finished object. The Zen Master's socks are finally done and I can already feel the fall sock jag coming on hard. Wanda has been extra naughty, so much so that I had to buy her a crate to be in during the day. Other than that, it's all Knit Out, all the time here at Chez Full Service. Hope you can come. I'll be wearing my tiara (I'll tell you all about the tiara in another post, promise).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

did i ever tell you (i'm sure i did) that i once went on a date with a guy on the exclusive condition that i could wear a tiara the whole time?

Lucy said...

I vaguely remember that story. You'll have to tell me again sometime!

Seasidecrafter said...

Hi Lucy,

If Wanda is having a good time chewing on things she isn't suppose too. Try a product called Bitter Apple. You can purchase it in almost any pet shop. It is non toxic but tastes really nasty. Just spray it on the things she tries to chew up. Hope all goes well with the Knit Out this year and wear that Tiara proudly!

Anonymous said...

Lucy, you might be one of a very few individuals who would be appropriately attired for knitting by wearing a tiara!!! The Knitting Doctor in a tiara! I love it! (You do need to tell this story, because I have either forgotten it or never heard it.)

Anonymous said...

ah, that's sort of the whole story. some guy asked me to go to some fraternity date party with him my freshman year of college. i said i would totally go- if i could wear a tiara (which i happened to have on hand, of course) for the whole night. dinner- tiara. hay ride- tiara. drunken stupid keg party- tiara. photos with said tiara? check.

when you have the opportunity to wear something fun on your head, i say take it (a la Chocolate fest thing we went to a few times!). it's almost always worth it, especially when the something for your head is pretty pretty princess! Now the only question is- can we knit a sparkly tiara?

Anonymous said...

i'm so psyched- starched shiny lace!