Saturday, October 07, 2006

Knitgrrl

Well, the day off yesterday seems to have worked! I feel better and my nose is no longer running like a faucet which makes keeping things sanitary much, much easier. Let me tell you, Clorox wipes are my friend (and yours should you come over here!).
This is all a very good thing because today Mind's Eye Yarns is hosting Shannon Okey of Knitgrrl fame and Kim Werker, author of the new Get Hooked crochet book. They are billing themselves as the Monsters of Teen Craft Tour. They'll be here at 1pm and will be signing books all afternoon.
Shannon is one of the few people about whom I can say "I knew her when..." I was there when she bought her first fleece and taught her to spin. Well, I didn't really teach her to spin, more just reminded her how. Some people are like that. Don't miss her new book from Interweave Press Spin to Knit. Shannon's one of those people who talks about the big dreams she has and then just goes out and fulfills them. Her energy is amazing. You should definitely read Dolores' interview with Shannon on Franklin's blog. It is just hillarious! I'm looking forward to a fun filled afternoon here. I hope you can make it!

1 comment:

Kim Werker said...

Hi Lucy! Thank you so much for having us in the shop. We had a blast, and I've been thinking about spinning ever since. I'll definitely stop in to say hi the next time I'm in Cambridge!