Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Gone Down the Cape

Yesterday, I took the bus down to Barnstable to see one of my best friends from junior high! My friends Jessica, Michelle and I were pretty much inseparable in Junior High. In high school, we all went our separate ways. Jess moved to the Cape and Michelle and I just drifted apart. A few years ago, Michelle found me through the shop and last spring, she took it into her head to track down Jess! Amazingly, when Michelle called Jess’ folks, Jess was actually there even though she lives in CA. Jessica’s parents have a greenhouse business in Osterville and she takes the month of May off every year to help them with their busy season. Last year, Jess was able to come up here and we all spent the day together but this year, she was too busy. Consequently, I went there and spent the day hanging out with Jess and working at the greenhouse!



They even let me drive the golf cart!



Here are Jessica's folks Joe and Kathy (who I haven't seen since I was 15) in one of their twelve greenhouses! They are just as wonderful as they ever were!



It was great fun! Unfortunately, between the bus ride and working outdoors all day (and, of course, running around like crazy all day Monday as well) I’m exhausted! You know when you are so tired that you know that you’re not firing on all cylinders but can’t really do anything about it? I’m there. Fortunately, I’m finally (FINALLY!) getting ahead of all the stuff I have to do and might just relax and do some (very simple) knitting.



BTW, here’s the UFO I tried to post about the other day when the picture wouldn’t upload. It is most of the body of a cotton cardigan that I didn’t only abandon mid-project but actually mid-row. I can’t say its chances are that good of getting picked up again anytime soon. I don’t think I’ll rip it out though. I still like it and will (probably) finish it some time.

News Flash for the Knit-Out: We have a confirmed date: Sunday, September 24, 2006. The other breaking news is the state has accepted our Articles of Incorporation! We are now, officially, Boston Knit-Out and Crochet Too, Inc.

1 comment:

Oldpatterns said...

I love this story. Great to see Jess's parents after all these years!

misch